Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Legacy Says Good-bye On Leap Day


First of all- I copied the pic off my mother in law's blog-Country Pleasures. Thanks Sue! So-it is kind of interesting that Leap Year comes only once very 4 years. Ever think about why that is so? I do. I wonder what causes us to have an extra day in the month of February every 4 years? I guess God knew that once in a great while, we could use an extra day in our busy lives. I sometimes wish it came more than once every 4 years-how about you?
Well-this Leap Year was interesting for me. My great grandma Faye passed away about 1:00 that morning. She was 93 years old. She had been in the nursing home for about 5 years now. She had Alzheimer's Disease so she didn't really know much or anyone the last couple of years. She was a very devout Christian. She is no longer sick, hurting or in pain and she is in Heaven with Jesus, her husband and my grandpa. She is my mom's grandma.
She was a good old fashion, down to earth, plain Jane. The most important thing to her was her family. She always fed you when you came over. I remember every time we went to visit she gave me candy. I always ate those peanut butter things you get at Halloween in the black and orange wrappers. I will miss her, but I know she's in a much better place.
The only weird and sad thing is that b/c she died on Leap day, we can only honor the day she died once every 4 years. But, her memory and legacy will be alive and remembered every day of every year. My husband Rob is officiating the service. This is his first funeral so be in prayer for him. A lot of my family that will be there aren't saved and don't attend church. I pray that God can use her remarkable life to witness to them so they will accept him as their savior and change their life. Keep our family in your prayers.
On a happier note-Happy Leap Year! God bless!

2 comments:

Junebug said...

Did you see my post about my nephew's little boy who fell in to the pool? He is doing better but still needs major prayers.

Junebug said...

I am sorry to hear about your great-grandmother. I will pray for your family too.