Monday, March 3, 2008

Pray for us please......

Well-I'm going to the doctor today to find out just exactly what is wrong with my stomach. A year ago I went to him b/c I was having trouble either with diarrhea or constipation. He said I had Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and to eliminate dairy from my diet. So, I did that and felt better and lost about 50 pounds. But, then I kind of got tired of not being able to hardly eat anything so I found this over the counter medicine to treat Lactose Intolerance and help you digest dairy. So, I was doing OK with that. But, then I got really constipated (sorry if this grosses you out!) for like a week and a half and Rob (my hubby) had me do a colon cleanse with him. Well-that lasted 3 days b/c it made me sick. So-I went back to no dairy. All I really eat now is fruits and veggies. But, it doesn't seem to be helping b/c now no matter what I eat I immediately go. I can't travel-even the 6 mile drive to church bothers me. I get on the road and my stomach bothers me and makes me think I'm going to go then I panic and get stressed b/c there's no bathroom and I feel I won't make it in time to get to a bathroom then I get nauseous. This has been going on about a month and a half. Yesterday was my great grandma's funeral. My hubby officiated it. It was his first sermon. It was just a graveside service. The cemetery is about 10-15 minutes away from town and once we got there-I knew I was going to have to go. Thankfully, there was a gas station about 2 miles up the road, so my cousin ran me up there. Only, I was there so long we missed the funeral. I feel bad b/c I missed Rob's first funeral and I missed the funeral all together. So-needless to say I'm sick of this. I pray that my doctor will not just push on my stomach and say it's IBS like he has in the past. I pray he will do whatever it takes to find out just what is wrong. I need to be healed from this. I can't keep going on like this. It's controlling my life. I can't do half the things I used to b/c I'm always afraid that after I've ate, I'm going to get sick and I just want to stay home and be by my bathroom. So, please pray for me that this will be taken care of and I can feel better. Chloe has been sick the last few days. She threw up the last couple of days, ran a fever, and has been coughing. I'm taking her with me so he can check her too and get her some medicine. Just keep us in your prayers! Thanks and God bless!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the health issues you are having. And no, you didn't gross me out.

My husband has IBS and has to avoid dairy in large quantities as well. Did your doctor put you on a fiber therapy? Have you tried it? Increasing your fiber really does help, most of the time. If you can't add fiber through foods, then you'll need to take a fiber supplement.

I'm praying that this problem is found out and healed quickly!

Grandy said...

Oh I hope you and Chloe are feeling better soon!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Grace about the fiber and been telling you to add it, it really does help and cut out fry foods too, that oil esp. veggie is just bad stuff! You WILL overcome this!!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I will be praying for you. Take good care.

Be blessed,
Lea