Monday, April 7, 2008

Family Times

Since this blog is called Family Fixin's and we've been doing a lot family things lately-I figured I'd blog about it.

We enjoyed a big Easter dinner at my grandma's house on Easter Sunday. She made this bunny cake in the picture above: I will have to get the recipe from her and post it sometime. We were to go to Rob's mom's for dinner but only he went b/c Chloe was fussy and crabby all that day and I kept her home. She had a big day.

I've been subbing a lot the last 2 weeks, so that's why I haven't posted in awhile.

We had a family BBQ at our house over the weekend. Rob's parents and his brother and sister in law and their kids came over Sat night for a BBQ. The kids played outside all afternoon with Chloe's new kitten, Max. We grilled burgers, brats, hot dogs and had chips, dip, cheese, crackers, baked beans, corn on the cob and shells and cheese. Mmmm Mmmmm good! My mother in law made a lemon cake for dessert. That was delic!

It's been nice weather after 2 weeks of almost non-stop rain-we got like 16 inches I think over the course of 2 weeks. It was nice to have a warm weekend and be able to be out in it and enjoy the day with family.

Now, there is rain in the forecast almost everyday this week...bummer....Spring is teasing with us. Of course, as the saying goes...April showers brings May flowers...but still...I'm ready for it to be warm everyday not just here and there with rain in between.

Anyways-we had a good weekend and got to enjoy warm weather and good food with our family so I thought it would be nice to post that on this blog since it's a family oriented blog.

Have a good Monday and enjoy your week!

God bless!

1 comment:

Junebug said...

I made that same bunny cake several years ago when my kids were small. How cool.