Saturday, April 19, 2008

My own twist to Chocolate Chip Cookies


Rob's dad came over today and we had a BBQ tonight. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. They were yummy! I made some chocolate chip cookies. The recipe calls for 2 tsp of vanilla extract and I accidentally goofed and put in 2 tsp of maple syrup extract but it actually tasted really good. I also substituted wheat flour for regular flour so here is my chocolate chip recipe with a few changes. Enjoy!


Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Maple Cookies

2 1/4 cup of wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp maple syrup extract
2 eggs
1 pkg chocolate chip cookies

Stir in all the ingredients. Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute to soften the mix. Drop balls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

This is how I make my cookies. The actual recipe calls for mixing a couple of the ingredients together and set aside while beating other ingredients and then adding them all together and putting on a cookie sheet. I do it all together so save on time. Prep time for this is only about 5 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They were good and so glad you posted the recipe cuz I was telling Robbie that I wanted it! Good job! Check out my blog, I gave you an award! :)

Junebug said...

Those cookies look delicious. I might have to try that recipe. I made some bread this week-end with just one cup of wheat flour and several cups unbleached flour.

Melissa said...

btw-the pic is not of the cookies I made. I just found a pic of cookies on the internet. But, the recipe is the one I used!