Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happy Weekned!


Well-it's the weekend. No big plans. Rob is working today...fun fun...he doesn't have another day off except Sunday of course until next Saturday. I don't like him working all of these weird hours. I wish they'd give him his old hours back. Things are going great at Hilltop. We fit in so well there. The church has really welcomed us with open arms. They've become family to us. We've got so many ideas and can't wait to start planning things to do with the church and the youth. I'm in the Christmas play. I play a teenager. Think I can pass for one? It was only 7 years ago that I graduated high school so surely I can! It's funny b/c my friend Michelle is the one who wrote the play and is leading it and some of the lingo in it such as "loafing", "he'll can you" (getting fired), holy roller....the teens have never heard those expressions. I have...course if you knew my mother I've grew up hearing expressions that even Rob has never heard. But, it's funny b/c the teens keep trying to change the things written in there. Should be interesting when the final day comes to put on the play! Well-I made some peanut butter cookies last night. My grandma's recipe is my all time fav. Always has been my entire life. But, a few weeks ago my mother in law made some that only has 4 ingredients...and flour is not one of them...kind of weird but they do taste good...almost as good as my grandma's but hers will always be my fav! So I used that recipe last night and that's what I had for breakfast today! So-I'm passing on the recipe to you guys. Enjoy!

Quick & Easy PB Cookies
1 cup PB
1 cup sugar
1 lg egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix ingredients together . Make balls and drop on spray coated cookie sheet. Press down with fork. Bake at 325 for 13 minutes. Sprinkle sugar on top (optional)

CRAFT IDEA For your kids or grandkids
Now that it's October and Fall is in the air, leaves are falling on the ground. Pick a few real pretty ones. Use red, orange, brown or yellow construction paper. Rub glue sticks on the leaves and sprinkle red, yellow and orange glitter on the leaves. Glue leaves to the paper. Hang on the fridge for all to enjoy! For the young at heart, you could even do this and then frame it.

Health Remedy
This is the time of year when colds, runny noses and headaches are near. My mother in law is big into the herbs and something that she's got us hooked on is Echinachea. It comes in pill form and tea form so I recommend that you do both every day. It will help fight the colds and to keep the colds away. Can't beat that!

Exercise Tip
Want a flatter stomach? Do 3 sets of 20 crunches daily. Try to exercise early or mid morning because it will help you feel great during the day! Add 3 sets of 20 leg lifts to work your lower half of your body.

Daily Scripture
"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Ephesians 6:11

May God bless each of you! Keep Him first in your heart, life, marriage, family, relationships, etc and he will bless you! Live your life for Christ. If you're not living for him, you're not living at all! Enjoy your weekend!
In Christ~
Melissa

3 comments:

Junebug said...

Your help is so much appreciated. I got my links posted. Thank you

Unknown said...

Wow, another Junebug! lol This blog is really looking GREAT!! Nice job!

Jules said...

You have such a great Blog, thanks for the tips about cheap dating with your spouse!