Monday, February 11, 2008

Sweetheart Banquet @ church

Sweetheart's Banquet King & Queen 2008


The Newlywed Game Winners!

We had our Valentine's Sweetheart Banquet @ church Saturday night. It was SOOOOO much fun! The men cooked for the ladies and served us and did the dishes! I even have pics for proof! Rob & I were one of the 4 couples to play the newlywed game. Rob's mom & stepdad attend church there and they played the game too. And they won! They made a good comeback b/c in the first round they were losing but they made a comeback and won the game! It was so much fun! Rob & I were crowned King & Queen! Ahh! We also had categories for the hen-pecked husband, the man with the best hair (a bald man won that one!!!) and the most love sick couple! An older couple won that one! It was so much fun! I can't wait til next year! Yesterday was the 6th anniversary of the day Rob proposed to me :) I've been doing a valentine for him every day since the 1st so yesterday I gave him a valentine card that when you open it up it plays the song "At Last". I would say yes to him a gazillion times over! He's my best friend, my soulmate, the love of my life. He's the best valentine in the world! I got more valentine's in the mail today and when I get all of them, I will post a pic. It was fun participating in the V-day card swap. I want to do this every year! Well-I hope everyone is enjoying their day. We are having ice rain today. The roads are slick. There's another storm on its way now. I hope that it won't get too bad where we're without power. That happened to a neighboring town 2 hours away last winter and some parts of that town still haven't fully recooperated and that was a year ago. So-please keep our town and surrounding areas in your prayers. Have a good week and God bless!

1 comment:

Junebug said...

Last year at our Valentine's church banquet I was in charge of the games and we played The Not So Newlywed Game. It was fun I chose our pastor and his wife to play and three other couples. It was so fun. They didn't win. Oops! Oh well, we are having our banquet late this year on Sunday night the 17th. I don't know if we will play games. They didn't ask me again to do the games. I wonder why? :D